Connect is a charity for people living with aphasia, a communication disability which usually occurs after stroke.
We aim to improve the lives of people living with aphasia and communication disability, equipping them to re-connect with life.
• support people with aphasia to develop and deliver services that they need and want;
• provide training and consultancy to a wide range of service providers;
• provide information and support to help everyone understand aphasia and its impact;
• champion the rights of people with aphasia and communication disability.
People with aphasia can get involved in a range of activities. We call these ‘Access to Life’ services because they support people to become re-connected with life again.
• peer-led conversation groups
• training healthcare workers about aphasia
• Aphasia hubs
• conversation partner scheme
• drop-in – every Thursday at our Southwark address
• Aphasia News