The empowering of young men aged 8-18 from the African and Afro-Caribbean community to become positive, active citizens. Also, is the developing of leadership qualities of the next generation of business and community leaders.
Excellence, respect, teamwork, service and aspiration are the values which inform every aspect of our work.
SYLA encourages and supports each boy to:
– Achieve his own leadership potential
– Broaden his horizons and realise the opportunities available to him in the world
– Achieve, and where possible exceed, his projected attainment in school
– Build life skills such as communication and team working
– Make a positive contribution to family and community life