June 21, 2020 - June 21, 2020
The world’s biggest celebration of music, Make Music Day UK is moving online for Sunday 21 June 2020. With social distancing in place, the annual festivities are all taking place virtually this year, but that won’t stop music lovers celebrating around the world in 125 countries.
The Make Music Day live broadcast will feature 12 hours of specially curated performances, workshops and talks from Make Music Day Ambassadors and partners across the UK.
- exploration of South London’s musical landscape with Musicity who will showcase architecture-inspired music in partnership with Team London Bridge and Diaphonique as part of the London Festival of Architecture, featuring London-based French artists Clémentine March and Neue Grafik
- a singing lesson with Welsh soprano Elin Manahan Thomas
- folk tales from former BBC Radio 2 Folk Musician Of The Year Sam Sweeney
- – BBC Radio 1’s Arielle Free will put us in the party mood with one of her legendary DJ sets
- live sets from alt folk duo Wilswood Buoys, Spanish-Latin guitar duo De Fuego, songwriter and award nominated artist Emma McGann and indie band Small Screen plus a showcase of music from Plugged, Renegade Picnic and the National Youth Folk Ensemble
- young ambassadors from North Yorkshire’s youth music development charity NYMAZ will produce Rural Fest – live streamed performances and workshops from Yorkshire-based musicians